Engineering Manager, Cross-Chain Interoperability Protocol (CCIP)
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2023
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST). We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
Chainlink is the industry-standard Web3 services platform that enables developers to build feature-rich Web3 applications with seamless access to real-world data and off-chain computation.
• Chainlink has helped enable $7T+ in transaction value since the start of 2022.
• Over 1,700 Web3 projects have integrated Chainlink services.
• Chainlink is live on 15+ blockchains with many having joined the Chainlink SCALE program.
• Chainlink is relied upon by industry-leading protocols like Aave, Compound, Paxos, Synthetix, and ENS.
• Chainlink has delivered 7.4B+ data points on-chain and onboarded 900+ decentralized oracle networks.
• Chainlink has established collaborations with Associated Press, Accuweather, AWS, Google Cloud, Meta, and Twilio.
• The world-class Chainlink Labs research team has won various awards for its work on distributed systems, security, and more.
Who we’re looking for:
• You’re focused on what matters most and ignore unimportant industry distractions.
• You take extreme ownership and deliver outstanding results.
• You have a growth mindset, seek out feedback and engage in constructive dialogue with others to help them grow.
• You move fast and evolve with rapidly advancing technologies.
• You want to be part of a team that excels and is committed to building the Chainlink Network and growing the Web3 ecosystem over the long term.
• You are welcoming toward a diverse network of participants joining an open, global standard.
• You’re excited about the future of Web3 and building a world powered by cryptographic truth.
At Chainlink Labs, our engineering team pushes the scale and capabilities of decentralized applications across the industry. The Chainlink Network holds >70% market share in the oracle space, solving real-world problems by enabling smart contracts to securely interact with off-chain data/computation.
We value talented and driven craftsmen who work collaboratively to tackle complex challenges, deliver product impact, and grow as builders. Join us and shape the future of blockchain technology and decentralized finance.
Cross-Chain Interoperability Protocol (CCIP) provides a universal, open standard for developers to build secure services and applications that can send messages, transfer tokens, and initiate actions across multiple blockchains. Our mission is to become the standard protocol for cross-chain transfer of data and token value with best-in-class security, reliability, and developer experience. CCIP extends the Chainlink mission of connectivity by connecting hundreds of blockchains together. For more information on CCIP, please refer to:
We are looking for an engineering leader with a strong background in building mission-critical distributed systems and experience managing a high-performing team. We need someone who is comfortable in a fast-moving environment with a lot of moving pieces. You will be responsible for our team that is building our Cross Chain Interoperability Protocol. This is a career-defining opportunity to be part of a fast-growing tech company this is successfully implementing a key piece of the world’s blockchain infrastructure that will power the digital agreements of the future.
As a Engineering Manager of CCIP Team, you will be responsible for
- Develop the engineering roadmap and strategy in alignment with the product roadmap
- Own execution and delivery of core protocol, milestones and features
- Efficiently manage the CCIPs production environment with high availability, reliability, and resiliency
- Empower, challenge, and coach a team of engineers to grow their impact as individual technical leaders by providing them context and continuous feedback
- Take ownership of the engineering hiring pipeline, and grow the team by hiring exceptional engineers
- Work with leaders across the company to drive the best-in-class engineering practices that enable developers to contribute effectively
- 10+ years of experience in building and managing critical large-scale business applications
- 3+ years of experience leading or managing engineering teams. The ideal candidate for this role needs to have managed at least 5+ engineers.
- Experience in owning & managing a critical consumer product and/or technologies (either internal or external) used by 100s users
- Experience managing a large-scale production environment for a mission-critical product (with high availability, reliability, and resiliency)
- Experience managing remote teams. Our team is fully remote and highly distributed geographically, and so are our stakeholders. You should be very familiar with both the advantages and the challenges that remote can bring
- Software engineering degree / comp science background
- Startup experience
- Strong passion for blockchain, DeFi, and the overall future of Web3. It will be hard to be successful at this role if you don't understand what we are doing and why.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To request an accommodation in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].
See more open positions at Chainlink
Something looks off?