Security Response Engineer
Dallas, TX, USA · Remote
Posted on Monday, April 17, 2023
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST). We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
Chainlink is the industry-standard Web3 services platform that enables developers to build feature-rich Web3 applications with seamless access to real-world data and off-chain computation.
• Chainlink has helped enable $7T+ in transaction value since the start of 2022.
• Over 1,700 Web3 projects have integrated Chainlink services.
• Chainlink is live on 15+ blockchains with many having joined the Chainlink SCALE program.
• Chainlink is relied upon by industry-leading protocols like Aave, Compound, Paxos, Synthetix, and ENS.
• Chainlink has delivered 7.4B+ data points on-chain and onboarded 900+ decentralized oracle networks.
• Chainlink has established collaborations with Associated Press, Accuweather, AWS, Google Cloud, Meta, and Twilio.
• The world-class Chainlink Labs research team has won various awards for its work on distributed systems, security, and more.
Who we’re looking for:
• You’re focused on what matters most and ignore unimportant industry distractions.
• You take extreme ownership and deliver outstanding results.
• You have a growth mindset, seek out feedback and engage in constructive dialogue with others to help them grow.
• You move fast and evolve with rapidly advancing technologies.
• You want to be part of a team that excels and is committed to building the Chainlink Network and growing the Web3 ecosystem over the long term.
• You are welcoming toward a diverse network of participants joining an open, global standard.
• You’re excited about the future of Web3 and building a world powered by cryptographic truth.
The security department is the guardian of Chainlink Labs’ people and infrastructure. Its principal objective is to safeguard Chainlink Labs and its assets against potential threats from any external or internal source. This mission is accomplished through a combination of specialized security engineering, the deployment of cutting-edge technologies, forward-thinking policy development, and the training of highly skilled, security-aware personnel throughout the entire organization.
As an indispensable component of the larger organization, the team seeks to promote a widely understood culture of security, safeguarding our most valuable assets while remaining agile and accessible to all employees and the community.
As a Security Response Engineer on the Threat Management team, you will be responsible for preventing, detecting, and responding to all manner of security incidents that impact the company, on and off chain. You will be responsible for developing and deploying tools to automate, enrich, and integrate data from a wide variety of sources into our security stack. You will steward a culture of security as you work with teams across the company to drive down risk.
This role is also a career-defining opportunity, as you will be a part of a fast-growing tech company that is successfully implementing a key piece of the world’s blockchain infrastructure designed to power the digital agreements of the future.
- Drive the resolution of security incidents across all facets of the company
- Build novel detection capabilities for threats across local, cloud, and blockchain environments
- Collaborate with individuals across our infrastructure, finance, IT, and HR teams on security-related projects
- Develop tools to automate response processes to expedite analysis workflows
- Participate in a week-long on-call rotation
- Experience writing detection rules focused on threat actor tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Proficiency in threat hunting across large datasets
- Coding experience (Python, Ruby, Go or similar)
- Software engineering/computer science/computer security background
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or other cloud providers
- Familiarity with analysis of host and network telemetry
- Startup experience
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To request an accommodation in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].
See more open positions at Chainlink
Something looks off?