Senior Product Designer
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2023
Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
The Product Team
The Product Team at Chainlink Labs is dedicated to delivering cutting-edge solutions for the rapidly evolving world of DeFi, on-chain finance, gaming, NFTs, and other major verticals. Our team of experienced product managers, designers, and engineers work together to create innovative products and services that enable smart contracts to securely access off-chain data and systems.
With a focus on user-centered design, we strive to create intuitive and seamless experiences for developers and end-users alike. We are constantly pushing the boundaries of what is possible in the blockchain space, and our products are used by some of the most innovative and forward-thinking organizations in the industry.
Whether it's building new features for the Chainlink Platform decentralized oracle network, creating new tools and integrations for developers, or exploring new use cases for blockchain technology, the Product Team at Chainlink Labs is at the forefront of innovation in the blockchain space. Join us on our mission to create a more decentralized world.
About the Role
This is a career-defining opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing tech company that is successfully implementing a key piece of the world’s blockchain infrastructure that will power the digital agreements of the future.
As our Product Designer, you will build intuitive and rewarding user driven experiences for Chainlink’s range of digital products. You will leverage user testing, UX, UI and product design best practices to create a world-class user experience for developers.
Objectives of this Role
- Demonstrate talent and passion for designing end-to-end developer experiences
- Distill complex cutting-edge technology concepts into highly usable and intuitive developer-centered products
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers throughout the product development process and work through technical tradeoffs that affect product roadmaps
- Articulate your design solutions to stakeholders, peers, and executives for review and feedback
- Push the creative boundaries of Chainlink products UX with your design explorations through wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity visual design
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables
- Actively find ways to improve Chainlink’s product and developer experience
- Be a steward for our internal design system
- Influence and contribute to the internal design process and team culture, supporting the team's current and long-term objectives
- Collaborate with the Design team to openly and humbly share and challenge ideas
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience working as a product designer
- Demonstrable experience working in developer-focused products
- Proven track record of working closely with Marketing, Product and Engineering teams to ship successful products
- Solid understanding and ability to execute each stage of the design process, from requirements gathering to prototyping
- You have meaningfully worked with a design system
- Flexibility and excitement for growth companies with evolving frameworks, processes, and roadmaps
- Ability to manage and take end-to-end ownership of projects, while gathering the necessary input from various team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the English language, and the ability to eloquently defend design ideas in executive and peer-review meetings
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knows Figma inside out and can up-skill those around them
- Experience in fast-paced environments with quick delivery and iteration cycles
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Chainlink Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us via this form.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants