Software Engineer, Economics & Ecosystem
Remote · London, UK
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023
Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
The Engineering Team
At Chainlink Labs, our engineering team pushes the scale and capabilities of decentralized applications across the industry. The Chainlink Network holds >70% market share in the oracle space, solving real-world problems by enabling smart contracts to securely interact with off-chain data/computation.
We value talented and driven craftsmen who work collaboratively to tackle complex challenges, deliver product impact, and grow as builders. Join us and shape the future of blockchain technology and decentralized finance.
About the Role
Chainlink decentralized oracle networks provide tamper-proof inputs, outputs, and computations to support advanced smart contracts on any blockchain. As the ecosystem continues to grow at an explosive pace we are building the infrastructure to further secure the reliability of our networks and incentivize good behaviour.
As a software engineer on the Economics & Ecosystems team, you will develop highly impactful products that further secure Chainlink oracle networks to provide best in class off-chain data to the blockchain ecosystem. You will work closely with all functions at Chainlink, from engineering, operations, finance, marketing, and more to ensure the team releases easy to use and easy to manage smart contract driven products. Your core team will be composed of smart contract and software engineers and you will report to the engineering lead on the team.
- Owning large components of the architecture that supports the economics of the Chainlink ecosystem
- Work closely with fellow engineers to build the end to end experience for your products, which range from dApps, data services, smart contracts and more
- Work closely with operations to ensure smooth deployment and management of products
- Partner with the research team to build products that are practical and easy to use
- Collaborate with non-technical stakeholders to ensure you build products that delivery positive user experience and meets business constraints
- Successful experience designing, building and scaling a production service
- Experience owning multi month long projects, including communication of progress, dependencies, and risk mitigation directly with stakeholders and partners
- Focused on building products and willing to learn a range of technologies to do so
- Computer science fundamentals and systems design
- 3+ years of professional engineering experience working in a collaborative product-driven environment
- Experience in Solidity, Golang, TypeScript, React, SQL
- Experience developing smart contracts that secured meaningful value on-chain
- Experience working with a team located across multiple time zones
- Active participant in the blockchain ecosystem as a user
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST). We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants