Senior Tax Manager - Global Compliance and Provision
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
The Finance Team
The Finance team is focused on enabling Chainlink Labs to operate as a financially healthy and responsible business, building for speed and scale while avoiding unnecessary friction. We manage our capital resources carefully, surveying the road ahead to anticipate and prepare for any turn, and ensure the right resources are allocated for maximum returns. We analyze the business and report on key performance indicators, partner closely with other teams across the company, and ensure that we drive the right business outcomes, proper compliance, and accountability.
About the Role
This is a career-defining opportunity to oversee the global compliance and provision tax function in a fast-growing global tech company that is successfully implementing a key piece of the world’s blockchain infrastructure that will power the digital agreements of the future.
- Manage key stakeholders in the tax planning and execution process, including outside tax advisors, Finance/ Accounting, FP&A, Legal and HR to ensure proper risk assessment, planning, development and execution of the tax planning strategies
- Develop and execute on the proactive system of tax risk management
- Develop and execute on a system that balances speed and accuracy for tax operations and tax advice with clear guidance to leadership on what’s still outstanding, as well as potential risks/impacts of the open items
- Support the documentation of the transfer pricing policies, the respective inter-company accounting, and work with external service providers to develop transfer pricing documentation reports
- Proactively engaging with cross functional and global teams to understand the tax impact of business operations and business developments
- Monitor tax legislation updates and analyze their impacts
- Research complex tax issues
- Lead tax technology and process optimization
- Other duties / special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Accounting, CPA license preferred
- 5+ years of relevant tax experience in Big 4 and/or public company, including hands-on US corporate and international tax compliance experience at a technology company
- Proven track record of building and managing efficient global tax compliance, reporting and provision processes and procedures
- Extensive experience in International Tax issues, including Transfer Pricing, Equity Compensation Vehicles, and International Income Streams
- Ability to distill complex tax issues down to concise and easy to understand format and effectively communicate to leadership who are not tax experts
- Proven track record of managing outsourced services and transitioning tax work to an in-house team
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage tax notices and audits
- Strong organizational skills to manage deadlines and multiple projects and responsibilities timely and effectively, attention to detail
- Curiosity and a genuine interest in cryptocurrency and blockchain industries
- Willing to grow in a startup environment, open-mindedness and adaptability
- Proficiency in Excel and Google Sheets, ERP experience
- Knowledge of crypto industry specific tax compliance matters is preferred but not required
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST). We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants