Events Marketing Manager (APAC)
Administration, Marketing & Communications
Hong Kong · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2023
Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
Chainlink Labs is looking for an amazing APAC Events Marketing Manager who will join our dynamic, engaging global team to support and produce owned and sponsored events in the APAC market. Our goals are to connect, inspire, and transform the attendee experience, and to deliver an exceptional attendee experience throughout the entire lifecycle of an event. Through collaboration with the company’s key business functions, we manage a portfolio of events overseeing everything from strategy to execution to analysis.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 6 years of events experience who is an owner, a wiz at multitasking, comfortable coordinating with multiple stakeholders, and is passionate about blockchain technology. It is important that this person is extremely organized, detail-oriented, and has a true passion for events.
- Creates, innovates, and executes Chainlink Lab events and sponsored events throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
- Defines goals and metrics and measures impact for each event in partnership with senior stakeholders across the business.
- Develops and maintains project timeline, leading cross-functional meetings to ensure deliverables are on track.
- Spearheads and innovates to deliver exceptional attendee experiences across all managed events.
- Researches, manages, and builds relationships with vendors to achieve best results with minimum cost when required. Follows procurement and finance processes for seamless vendor onboarding.
- Develops plans and determines signage, furniture, room blocks, F&B needs, and anything else required for a successful event.
- Responsible for keeping events within the allocated budget.
- BA/BS degree in marketing or related field6+ years of related event experience
- Strong communication, leadership, and influencing abilities.
- Can follow budget guidelines and manage spend
- Flexible, resourceful, and highly organized.
- Expert knowledge of Google Suite products (Slides, Sheets, etc)
- Ability to remain calm and logical in high-stress environments.
- Ability to communicate and present to senior internal stakeholders
- People person – it’s second nature to you to roll up your sleeves, collaborate, and get the job done.
- Ability to travel as needed across the APAC region and globally
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines
- Managed all aspects of sponsored events or owned events.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams (product, marketing, sales, talent, developers, creative, brand, design, etc.)
- Blockchain/crypto experience (interest to learn is a must)
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical ability
- Address issues with a customer service-oriented approach
- Innovative, creative, and thinks outside of the box
- Always striving to raise the bar
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Passionate about the event industry and making customers feel celebrated
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST). We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Chainlink Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us via this form.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants