Senior Engineering Manager - Data Products
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Remote · London, UK
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
The Engineering Team
At Chainlink Labs, our engineering team pushes the scale and capabilities of decentralized applications across the industry. The Chainlink Network holds >70% market share in the oracle space, solving real-world problems by enabling smart contracts to securely interact with off-chain data/computation.
We value talented and driven craftsmen who work collaboratively to tackle complex challenges, deliver product impact, and grow as builders. Join us and shape the future of blockchain technology and decentralized finance.
About the Role
Chainlink decentralized oracle networks provide tamper-proof inputs, outputs, and computations to support advanced smart contracts on any blockchain. As the ecosystem continues to grow at an explosive pace we are building the infrastructure to further secure the reliability of our networks and incentivize good behavior.
As a senior software engineering manager for Data Products, you will lead a cross functional multi-team of up to 20 engineers to build data driven products that ensures the integrity of a significant amount of decentralized finance. You will work closely with all functions at Chainlink, from engineering, product, go-to-market, operations, finance, and more to ensure the team releases highly reliable and performant products across hundreds of blockchains and users. Your teams will be composed of software, smartcontract, reliability, and QA engineers, along with supporting team level managers. You will report to the VP of engineering.
- Supporting up to 20 engineers and 2 managers, enabling them to be high impact and catalyzing their growth
- Partner closely with product, leadership, and go-to-market to define a technical and organizational strategy to win the market
- Leveraging a deep understanding of both product and engineering to ensure the teams are building data products that meet the security, reliability, and performance demands of decentralized finance
- Work closely a wide breadth of non-technical stakeholders to ensure the team is meeting business goals, aligning on scope and setting clear expectations on delivery timelines
- Building data products end to end, including tooling, monitoring and alerting, and orchestrating decentralized oracle networks
- Ensuring continuity of work and focus in an ecosystem that evolves quickly and demands adaptabilityHire great engineers that level up the team and Chainlink Labs
- Minimum of 7 years experience in software engineering, with at least 2 years in a leadership role that supported team level managers
- Delivered and supported mission-critical online services that are highly available and reliable
- Servant leadership mindset and an ability to inspire and motivate others
- Ability to work on a globally-distributed team with a high degree of ownership
- Experience leading the delivery of multiple highly impactful products end to end, on time with a high quality bar
- Experience working with technical and non-technical stakeholders, successfully aligning and setting expectations on scope and delivery
- Experience navigating ambiguous and changing product requirements and successfully delivering a winning product
- Familiarity with financial data sets and experience in working with or producing high-quality finance/fintech data from multiple sources
- Knowledge of complex financial products
- Technical expertise in designing and scaling data infrastructure and distributed systems architecture
- Strong operational skills and the ability to balance speed and quality pragmatically
- Experience developing smart contracts that secured meaningful value on-chain
- Experience working with a team located across multiple time zones
- Active participant in the blockchain ecosystem as a user
- Proficiency in solidity, golang, SQL
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Chainlink Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us via this form.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants