Software Engineer, VRF & Capital Markets
Toronto, ON, Canada · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
The Engineering Team
At Chainlink Labs, our engineering team pushes the scale and capabilities of decentralized applications across the industry. The Chainlink Network holds >70% market share in the oracle space, solving real-world problems by enabling smart contracts to securely interact with off-chain data/computation.
We value talented and driven craftsmen who work collaboratively to tackle complex challenges, deliver product impact, and grow as builders. Join us and shape the future of blockchain technology and decentralized finance.
As a software engineer working on Chainlink, you’ll collaborate with an experienced technical team of other senior engineers, distributed systems computing experts, and security experts, who are all committed to building world-changing decentralized infrastructure. You’ll develop and build highly scalable, secure, and reliable software that will change the way smart contracts function at a fundamental level. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and master the latest research concerning distributed systems, cryptography, blockchains, game theory, consensus algorithms, and decentralized applications. You will be given a high level of autonomy/ownership over your projects, the opportunity to expand your scope of knowledge, and the chance to help build the decentralized infrastructure of the future
- Designing and implementing new features within our core services offering VRF.
- Designing and building a new API for companies to connect to our Cross Chain Interoperability Protocol ( CCIP).
- Learn more about the underlying technology in the blockchain ecosystem (Solana, Avalanche, Polygon, and Ethereum).
- Learn how to build our core products with Smart Contracts using Solidity.
- Thinking creatively about attack vectors, possible failures, and disaster scenarios, modeling them in reproducible test environments, and developing fixes
- Modeling and developing recovery behaviors within our core node software
- Managing the architectural vision for new subsystems in the core Chainlink node
- Implementing resilient distributed systems to achieve high reliability in a variety of blockchain environments
- At least 4+ years of professional software development experience (Software Engineers, Senior Software Engineers, and Technical Leads are encouraged to apply)
- Experience in Golang or any other strongly-typed programming language Preferred
- B.S. or higher in computer science, software engineering, or related technical field
- Experience developing web applications/services and backend APIs
- Knowledge of systems design concepts
- Interest in blockchain and other Web 3.0 technologies
- Comfort and/or experience working as a remote employee as a part of a distributed team
- Ability to write and communicate effectively
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Chainlink Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us via this form.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants