Frontend Software Engineer
Remote · Berlin, Germany
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2024
Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
The Engineering Team
At Chainlink Labs, our engineering team pushes the scale and capabilities of decentralized applications across the industry. The Chainlink Network holds >70% market share in the oracle space, solving real-world problems by enabling smart contracts to securely interact with off-chain data/computation.
We value talented and driven craftsmen who work collaboratively to tackle complex challenges, deliver product impact, and grow as builders. Join us and shape the future of blockchain technology and decentralized finance.
About the Role:
As an engineer working on Chainlink, you’ll collaborate with the company’s product experts, designers, and an experienced technical team of other senior engineers, distributed systems experts and security experts, who are all committed to building world changing decentralized infrastructure. You’ll develop and build highly scalable, secure, and reliable software that will change the way people interact with smart contracts at a fundamental level. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and master the latest research concerning distributed systems, cryptography, blockchains, game theory, consensus algorithms, and decentralized applications. You will be given a high level of autonomy/ownership over your projects, the opportunity to expand your scope of knowledge, and the chance to help build the decentralized infrastructure of the future.
- Primarily using React and TypeScript, focusing on the UIs of the company’s various products, including data.chain.link, automation.chain.link, and ccip.chain.link
- Implementing initial prototypes and proofs of concept, and taking them all the way to production code interfacing with thousands of users.
- Improving the existing interfaces with our blockchain products.
- Maintaining a robust suite of tests to ensure that the UI functionality of our products is of the highest quality
- Proficiency with Typescript, React, HTML, CSS
- Experience building high-impact web application frontends, backend APIs
- Knowledge of systems design
- Excellent communication skills, specifically giving/receiving constructive feedback in a collaborative setting
- Genuine interest in blockchain and web3 technology
- Experience with Vercel, NextJs, GraphQL, React Query, Playwright or other testing framework(s)
- Knowledge of Web3, EthersJS, Solidity, Smart contract development
- Understanding of SQL and Postgres
- Driven by high-impact projects
- Seeks technical competence
- Self-motivated by personal excellence standards
- Values independence, autonomy, flexibility
- Motivated by a values-based vision
Your Problem-Solving Approach:
- Responsible for outcomes
- Focused on delivering practical value to end users
- Prefers maintainable, long-lasting solutions with a good developer experience
- Evaluates trade offs when making decisions
- Identifies root causes before proposing solutions
- Thinks creatively and proposes effective alternatives
How You Relate to Others:
- Seeks a mutually supportive team for collective success
- Engages collaboratively with opposing ideas
- Candid and seeks help when stuck
- Enjoys sharing and receiving knowledge
- Values authenticity in a team
- Assumes the best of intentions and extends trust to team members by default
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Chainlink Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us via this form.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants