Posted on Friday, January 26, 2024
Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
The Engineering Team
At Chainlink Labs, our engineering team pushes the scale and capabilities of decentralized applications across the industry. The Chainlink Network holds >70% market share in the oracle space, solving real-world problems by enabling smart contracts to securely interact with off-chain data/computation.
We value talented and driven craftsmen who work collaboratively to tackle complex challenges, deliver product impact, and grow as builders. Join us and shape the future of blockchain technology and decentralized finance.
We’re seeking an Incident Responder (Blockchain Network & Systems Administrator) in the Americas timezone with knowledge of Blockchains, Smart Contracts, Web2 concepts, networks/network protocols, automation methods, and contingency operations, to perform in-depth troubleshooting of all issues that arise.
In this role you will be ensuring that Chainlink Labs and their products/services remain operational at all times, through both proactive and reactive response to Incidents as well as through leading the Postmortem Process and completion of corrective and preventative actions identified within it.
The primary function in this role is to triage and bring all Incidents to resolution, whether independently or by acting as an Incident Commander, when alerted by our monitoring or other sources. When not actively triaging incidents, you will be working towards the improvement of the Incident Response Process by contributing to the below:
- Identifying needed policy and procedure changes
- Developing contingency plans.- Improving the gathering and presentation of Incident related data
- Working with other teams to eliminate tech debt which might result in Incidents
-Creating automations for common Incident Response tasks
In addition to the above, as an Incident Responder for the Incident Response Team you will:
- Respond to all alerts routed to the Incident Response Team, generated from within our monitoring stack, within 1 minute.
- Evangelize and enact best practices, to guide high-quality Incident Response Process utilization within Chainlink Labs.
- Create and execute contingency planning exercises, to ensure continued operational readiness of the Incident Response Team, and those we support.
- Identify and make useful metrics based off of Incident occurrence.
- Able to work within a 5 days per week shift rotation, within the hours of 1500-2300 UTC.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to program in Python or Go.
- Ability to function as a leader (Incident Commander), to both SMEs and leadership, during Major Incidents.
- Ability to identify risks/issues and develop recommendations for solutions.
- Familiarity with Git and Infrastructure as code.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience. You may have worked in Network & Systems Administration, Incident Response, Infrastructure or Platform support, Technical Support or other functions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with dynamic priority evolution.
- Flexibility to join teamwide meetings, which may be outside of your defined schedule.
- Experience with distributed systems and container orchestration. You have maintained or even built Kubernetes clusters before and feel comfortable deploying complete new services on them
- Experience with AWS, Terraform/Terragrunt, Kubernetes, ArgoCD, Prometheus and Grafana, and GitHub Actions.
- Experience running any infrastructure in the blockchain/web3 space
- Technical proficiency with Layer 1 and Layer 2 Blockchains.
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Chainlink Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us via this form.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants