Engineering Manager, SRE
Remote · Berlin, Germany
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2024
Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
The Engineering Team
At Chainlink Labs, our engineering team pushes the scale and capabilities of decentralized applications across the industry. The Chainlink Network holds >70% market share in the oracle space, solving real-world problems by enabling smart contracts to securely interact with off-chain data/computation.
We value talented and driven craftsmen who work collaboratively to tackle complex challenges, deliver product impact, and grow as builders. Join us and shape the future of blockchain technology and decentralized finance.
About The Role
Production Engineering provides horizontal connectivity across engineering verticals, partnering with engineering teams to champion the Reliability, Scalability, Performance, and Security posture of Chainlink Labs’s products and services. Product Engineers are hybrid software and systems engineers; who wear many hats to identify and bridge gaps, whether that’s infrastructure and software or teams and processes. We are seeking a passionate Engineering Manager to lead this growing team, focusing on supporting and growing the Product Engineering team.
- As an Engineering Manager in Production Engineering, you will support Production Engineers who embed into Product Software Engineering teams focused on championing best practices from within. You will be responsible for ensuring that the Product PEs work shoulder to shoulder with the software engineers while leading the charge on operational ceremonies including On-Call, Post-Mortems, and Service Reliability Reviews.
- Experience working as or managing embedded SREs or PEs.
- Exposure to high scale systems that support your company's core business. Typically, these are the most critical services to the business.
- Proven experience in identifying and removing toil (removing friction or other waste from processes) within teams or systems you have been responsible for.
- Ability to use data to influence the decisions of others while not relying on command/control and without influence with emotion or hyperbole.
- Proven Infrastructure Engineering Experience (Systems (Linux/Unix/Windows) Engineering, Network Engineering)
- Experience in growing engineers
- Caring, analytical and curious attitude.
- Ability to develop eng-wide process and policy
- Object-Oriented Software Development Experience (Go, Rust, C/C++, C#, Java)
- Demonstrated interest in Blockchain technology and its impact.
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Chainlink Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us via this form.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants