Engineering Manager, Payments
San Francisco, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
The Engineering Team
At Chainlink Labs, our engineering team pushes the scale and capabilities of decentralized applications across the industry. The Chainlink Network holds >70% market share in the oracle space, solving real-world problems by enabling smart contracts to securely interact with off-chain data/computation.
We value talented and driven craftsmen who work collaboratively to tackle complex challenges, deliver product impact, and grow as builders. Join us and shape the future of blockchain technology and decentralized finance.
About The Role
Chainlink decentralized oracle networks provide tamper-proof inputs, outputs, and computations to support advanced smart contracts on any blockchain. As the ecosystem continues to grow at an explosive pace we are building the infrastructure to further secure the reliability of our networks and incentivize good behavior.
As a software engineering manager on the Payments team, you will lead and grow a team of up to eight engineers to build the on-chain billing and payments protocol within the Chainlink ecosystem. You will work closely with all functions at Chainlink, from engineering, product, operations, finance, and more to ensure the team releases an intuitive backbone that enables Chainlink to quickly scale to many products across even more chains. Your core team will be composed of smart contract and software engineers and you will report to the engineering lead of Economics & Ecosystems.
- Supporting up to eight engineers, enabling them to be high impact and catalyzing their growth
- Leveraging a deep understanding of both product and engineering to ensure the team is building a payments protocol that enables Chainlink to quickly scale across many chains and products
- Work closely with product and leadership to ensure the team is meeting business goals, aligning on scope and setting clear expectations on delivery timelines
- Ensuring continuity of work and focus in an ecosystem that evolves quickly and demands adaptability
- Work closely with engineers on team process, project management, and team health to ensure high productivity and morale
- Contribute technically to projects, including code reviews and occasionally coding
- Hire great engineers that level up the team and Chainlink Labs
- Minimum of 5 years experience in software engineering, with at least 2 years in a leadership or managerial role
- Servant leadership mindset and an ability to inspire and motivate others
- Ability to work on a globally-distributed team with a high degree of ownership
- Experience leading the delivery of multiple highly impactful products end to end, on time with a high quality bar
- Experience working with technical and non-technical stakeholders, successfully aligning and setting expectations on scope and delivery
- Experience navigating ambiguous and changing product requirements and successfully delivering a winning product
- Proficiency in solidity, typescript, golang, SQL
- Experience developing smart contracts that secured meaningful value on-chain
- Experience building highly reliable products that served a global user base
- Experience working with a team located across multiple time zones
- Active participant in the blockchain ecosystem as a user
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Chainlink Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us via this form.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants