Staff Software Engineer, Integration Tooling
Remote · London, UK
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
The Engineering Team
At Chainlink Labs, our engineering team pushes the scale and capabilities of decentralized applications across the industry. The Chainlink Network holds >70% market share in the oracle space, solving real-world problems by enabling smart contracts to securely interact with off-chain data/computation.
We value talented and driven craftsmen who work collaboratively to tackle complex challenges, deliver product impact, and grow as builders. Join us and shape the future of blockchain technology and decentralized finance.
About the Role
As our integration tooling team expands, we’re looking to bring in our first staff software engineers to play a technical leadership position across our group. You’ll be taking ownership of roadmap, design, and planning activities with stakeholder teams. Your role will also see you provide strong mentorship duties for the engineers you work closely with.
- Own large components of the toolchain that supports all Chainlink Labs infrastructure and smart contract management, including informing and leading strategic roadmap decisions.
- Converge disparate frameworks built to support different blockchains into one unified experience (a highly unique and ambitious undertaking!)
- Work directly with blockchain integrations, engineering operations, and our security teams to ensure they are able to efficiently and securely execute core workflows
- Set high standards for code quality, architecture, and systems designs to achieve a highly reliable and secure product
- At least 7+ years of professional engineering experience working in a collaborative product-driven environment, including hands-on experience with Golang or Typescript
- Extensive experience working with and supporting a team of engineers, including tooling and productivity innovation
- Track record in translating complex product requirements into actionable technical plans
- Experience owning multi month long projects, including communication of progress, dependencies, and risk mitigation directly with stakeholders and partners across multiple teams
- Ability to be creative and resourceful when tackling ambiguous technical challenges
- Strong communication skills. You can give and receive constructive feedback, and you do not shy away from planning meetings and code reviews
- Excitement for blockchain, web3, and similar decentralized technologies
- Experience working with an internationally diverse team located across multiple time zones
Sometimes: Typescript, Rust, Solidity
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Chainlink Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us via this form.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants