Engineering Manager, Cross-Chain Interoperability Protocol (CCIP)
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
San Francisco, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
The Engineering Team
At Chainlink Labs, our engineering team pushes the scale and capabilities of decentralized applications across the industry. The Chainlink Network holds >70% market share in the oracle space, solving real-world problems by enabling smart contracts to securely interact with off-chain data/computation.
We value talented and driven craftsmen who work collaboratively to tackle complex challenges, deliver product impact, and grow as builders. Join us and shape the future of blockchain technology and decentralized finance.
Cross-Chain Interoperability Protocol (CCIP) provides a universal, open standard for developers to build secure services and applications that can send messages, transfer tokens, and initiate actions across multiple blockchains. Our mission is to become the standard protocol for cross-chain transfer of data and token value with best-in-class security, reliability, and developer experience. CCIP extends the Chainlink mission of connectivity by connecting hundreds of blockchains together. For more information on CCIP, please refer to:
We are looking for an engineering leader with a strong background in building mission-critical distributed systems and experience managing a high-performing team. We need someone who is comfortable in a fast-moving environment with a lot of moving pieces. You will be responsible for our team that is building our Cross Chain Interoperability Protocol. This is a career-defining opportunity to be part of a fast-growing tech company this is successfully implementing a key piece of the world’s blockchain infrastructure that will power the digital agreements of the future.
- Develop the engineering roadmap and strategy in alignment with the product roadmap
- Own execution and delivery of core protocol, milestones and features
- Efficiently manage the CCIPs production environment with high availability, reliability, and resiliency
- Empower, challenge, and coach a team of engineers to grow their impact as individual technical leaders by providing them context and continuous feedback
- Take ownership of the engineering hiring pipeline, and grow the team by hiring exceptional engineers
- Work with leaders across the company to drive the best-in-class engineering practices that enable developers to contribute effectively
- Minimum of 6 years experience in software engineering, with at least 3 years in a leadership or managerial role
- Excellent communication and ability to collaborate closely with internal and external partners on a broad range of business topics and drive engineering initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management.
- Deep knowledge in Distributed Systems, Performance, Scalability , and Observability.
- Drive roadmap creation and execution. Measure the impact of your team and set clear expectations and goals.
- Ability to work on a globally-distributed team with a high degree of ownership cross functionally.
- Software engineering degree / comp science background
- Startup experience
- Strong passion for blockchain, DeFi, and the overall future of Web3. It will be hard to be successful at this role if you don't understand what we are doing and why.
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Chainlink Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us via this form.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants