Engineering Manager, Test Tooling
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Remote · Berlin, Germany
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
The Engineering Team
At Chainlink Labs, our engineering team pushes the scale and capabilities of decentralized applications across the industry. The Chainlink Network holds >70% market share in the oracle space, solving real-world problems by enabling smart contracts to securely interact with off-chain data/computation.
We value talented and driven craftsmen who work collaboratively to tackle complex challenges, deliver product impact, and grow as builders. Join us and shape the future of blockchain technology and decentralized finance.
Test Tooling at Chainlink Labs, ensures the highest-quality software that powers the most adopted decentralised oracle network globally. As a quality and engineering focused team, you’ll be leading the efforts to install best practices for automated testing across the entire org, leading a team of engineers to power the most efficient and flexible tooling to install confidence not only in the products but the engineers.
As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the team’s productivity, happiness, and growth. You will be setting and overseeing the team’s goals and working cross-team to align and drive all objectives.
- Be a leader. You will help set the team objectives and make sure that the team is clear on what the objectives are—and, more importantly, why
- Be a mentor. You will work with engineers on their growth and development, making sure that everyone receives timely feedback and has a clear growth plan
- Be a force multiplier. You will continuously remove blockers and obstacles, both internal and cross-team, so that everyone can do their best work
- Minimum of 8 years experience in software engineering, with at least 3 years in a software development management leading a team of 6+ people
- Experience managing the engineering and delivery of a testing tools and platforms end to end for globally-distributed internal customers
- Experience in building k8s based test environments and CI/CD pipelines management
- Ability to work on a globally-distributed team with a high degree of ownership
- Identify the different architectural and technical debt challenges and plan their improvement accordingly
- Strong technical foundation (prior experience as a staff engineer who was responsible
- for successful delivery of a project of significant scope)
- Empowering the software engineers and maximizing the team’s productivity by setting goals, performing evaluations, and utilizing data to improve operational workflow.
- Great understanding of QA practices, especially automated testing of functional and non-functional requirements
- Experience or knowledge of blockchain technology, Web3 protocols, and the challenges related to developing large, distributed systems
- Experience with facilitating the team’s ceremonies (standup's, planning and refinement sessions, retros) and removing blockers to support your team’s day-to-day operations.
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Chainlink Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us via this form.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants