Senior Software Engineer, Blockchain Integrations
Remote · London, UK
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
The Engineering Team
At Chainlink Labs, our engineering team pushes the scale and capabilities of decentralized applications across the industry. The Chainlink Network holds >70% market share in the oracle space, solving real-world problems by enabling smart contracts to securely interact with off-chain data/computation.
We value talented and driven craftsmen who work collaboratively to tackle complex challenges, deliver product impact, and grow as builders. Join us and shape the future of blockchain technology and decentralized finance.
About the Role
Chainlink Labs seeks to power smart contracts on all blockchain ecosystems. We believe in a multi-blockchain universe, where users are able to leverage the strengths of different blockchains for their particular needs.
As a software engineer on the Blockchain Integrations team, you will own the integrations of upcoming blockchains into the Chainlink platform, working directly and building relations with the founding engineers while gaining expertise in each new innovative ecosystem. You will be the driving force behind building this critical infrastructure for cross-chain connectivity while working with a globally distributed team. You will report to the engineering lead on the team.
- Own the end to end integration of new cutting edge blockchains to the Chainlink platform to allow for the exponential growth of the network, from viability research to chain-specific node development, token bridging, deployments, monitoring, tooling, and testing
- Work directly with leadership, developers, users, and the community - integration projects are highly collaborative
- Work closely with node operators to connect their Chainlink nodes to new blockchains
- Abstract and build components and service layers to sustainability scale as the number of blockchains we support grows significantly
- At least 5+ years of professional engineering experience working in a collaborative product-driven environment
- Successful experience designing, building and scaling a production service
- Experience owning multi month long projects, including communication of progress, dependencies, and risk mitigation directly with stakeholders and partners
- Computer science fundamentals and systems design
- Ability to be creative and resourceful when tackling ambiguous technical challenges
- Experience with Golang is mandatory
- Familiarity some of the following: Rust, TypeScript, Solidity, Postgres, Terraform, AWS
- Experience in blockchain and other Web 3.0 technologies, as a web3 developer and/or as a backend service developer
- Experience in building distributed systems
- Experience contributing to the open source community
- Experience working with a team located across multiple time zones
Golang, TypeScript, Solidity, Postgres, Terraform, AWS
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Chainlink Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us via this form.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants