Software Engineer, Test Tooling
Berlin, Germany · Remote
Posted on Monday, February 22, 2021
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST). We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
Chainlink is the industry-standard Web3 services platform that enables developers to build feature-rich Web3 applications with seamless access to real-world data and off-chain computation.
• Chainlink has helped enable $7T+ in transaction value since the start of 2022.
• Over 1,700 Web3 projects have integrated Chainlink services.
• Chainlink is live on 15+ blockchains with many having joined the Chainlink SCALE program.
• Chainlink is relied upon by industry-leading protocols like Aave, Compound, Paxos, Synthetix, and ENS.
• Chainlink has delivered 7.4B+ data points on-chain and onboarded 900+ decentralized oracle networks.
• Chainlink has established collaborations with Associated Press, Accuweather, AWS, Google Cloud, Meta, and Twilio.
• The world-class Chainlink Labs research team has won various awards for its work on distributed systems, security, and more.
Who we’re looking for:
• You’re focused on what matters most and ignore unimportant industry distractions.
• You take extreme ownership and deliver outstanding results.
• You have a growth mindset, seek out feedback and engage in constructive dialogue with others to help them grow.
• You move fast and evolve with rapidly advancing technologies.
• You want to be part of a team that excels and is committed to building the Chainlink Network and growing the Web3 ecosystem over the long term.
• You are welcoming toward a diverse network of participants joining an open, global standard.
• You’re excited about the future of Web3 and building a world powered by cryptographic truth.
At Chainlink Labs, our engineering team pushes the scale and capabilities of decentralized applications across the industry. The Chainlink Network holds >70% market share in the oracle space, solving real-world problems by enabling smart contracts to securely interact with off-chain data/computation.
We value talented and driven craftsmen who work collaboratively to tackle complex challenges, deliver product impact, and grow as builders. Join us and shape the future of blockchain technology and decentralized finance.
In this quality assurance role, you will oversee the design, development, and implementation of our test automation framework. You will have a large impact as we grow the Chainlink eco-system and ensure we continue to ship the highest quality product. As a key stakeholder, you will be able to influence how we will scale our product in a testable environment and guide decisions that will have an impact on the future and success of a cutting edge product.
- Lead the implementation and adoption of a test automation framework, improved release process, and overall testing plans
- Oversee and develop test cases, plans, and testing procedures
- Create automated tests for new and existing functionality
- Develop test plans and perform multiple types of black-box, white-box, and grey-box testing including functional, system, end to end, load testing, performance testing, data integrity, smoke, regression, and ad hoc testing
- Submit comprehensive defects using our bug tracking system
- Regress and verify defects as needed, record test results, and provide metrics
- Test software applications at all points in the life cycle on multiple environments
- 2+ years proven work experience in Software Engineering, Test, Quality Assurance, or Deployment
- BS degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science or related field
- Strong experience with open-source test frameworks, including CypressJS or Selenium/WebDriver
- Strong experience with build automation technologies like Jenkins, CircleCI, GitHub Actions, etc.
- Experience with AWS, Docker, or Terraform a definite plus
- Experience with Agile-Scrum and other Agile methodologies
- Experience with load testing tools
- Excellent analytical skills to work with developers for troubleshooting and peer review
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable with shaping testing culture and socializing best practices
Golang, TypeScript, Solidity, Postgres, Terraform, AWS
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To request an accommodation in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].
See more open positions at Chainlink
Something looks off?