Senior Software Engineer, Market Data
Madrid, Spain · Remote
Posted on Friday, October 8, 2021
Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
The Engineering Team
At Chainlink Labs, our engineering team pushes the scale and capabilities of decentralized applications across the industry. The Chainlink Network holds >70% market share in the oracle space, solving real-world problems by enabling smart contracts to securely interact with off-chain data/computation.
We value talented and driven craftsmen who work collaboratively to tackle complex challenges, deliver product impact, and grow as builders. Join us and shape the future of blockchain technology and decentralized finance.
Chainlink Labs is the market leader in providing a decentralized oracle solution for smart contracts to connect to real-world data and market prices of assets. The Data Feeds team owns the building & integration of Chainlink's data feeds products.
As a senior software engineer on the Data Feeds team, you will be working with new use-cases including and beyond price feeds to enable projects requiring data from the Chainlink network. You will work with external team’s engineers to define, implement, and support products which will allow blockchain technology to take over multiple industries. In addition, you will work closely with data analysts & scientists to build out robust monitoring and analytics of the data sources that drive the Chainlink oracle data ecosystem. This will quickly evolve to other data types to meet the growing demands of the blockchain ecosystem. You will report to the engineering manager on the team.
- Own the data ingestion of data sources that power Chainlink oracle data offerings. This includes writing services to poll data from traditional APIs, websockets and on-chain sources
- Evolve the architecture of our data ecosystem as we scale the amount of data sources we warehouse
- Building tools to enable deep analytical insights into the Chainlink & wider blockchain ecosystem
- Lead application-specific integrations with Chainlink
- Provide support for integrating partners making use of Chainlink
- Actively participate in leveling the team’s engineering bar, increasing the velocity of the team and the reliability of the product
- At least 5+ years of professional engineering experience working in a collaborative product-driven environment
- Professional experience working on a cloud based big data system (AWS, GCP)
- Professional experience with SQL
- Successful experience designing, building and scaling a production service
- Experience owning multi month long projects, including communication of progress, dependencies, and risk mitigation directly with stakeholders and partners
- Experience in blockchain and other Web 3.0 technologies
- Experience in Typescript, Golang, SQL, Terraform, AWS, Kafka, BigQuery/GCP & dbt
- Experience in building telemetry and data pipelines
- Experience in building distributed systems
- Experience working with a team located across multiple time zones
Golang, TypeScript, Solidity, Postgres, Terraform, AWS, GCP, Kafka, dbt
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Chainlink Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us via this form.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants