Senior Technical Artist
Mighty Bear Games
We are on the prowl for more Bears to join us at our Global HQ (AKA Bear Force One)! Being a Bear means that you'll be part of a culture that celebrates diversity and is dedicated to making games which make players smile.
Fresh from launching Butter Royale, we are looking for a talented and versatile Senior Technical Artist who is passionate about building innovative solutions for our games. You will join a cross-functional and dynamic team of developers, and will work with us to craft new and exciting experiences that our players would enjoy.
As the Senior Technical Artist you will be the interface between artists and programmers and are adept in both fields. You’re highly technical and also possess the eye of an artist. Being forward looking you’ll take the lead developing and sourcing technical solutions and optimisations that are balanced to maximise the end visual quality and fidelity of our content.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all Bears.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with artists and programmers to ensure assets can be efficiently integrated into our games.
- Maintaining and developing the efficiency of our workflow, content pipelines, and tools for the art team. Identifying and developing new systems and tools when beneficial.
- Evaluating, sourcing and developing the most efficient asset system or process that considers whether developing, co-developing or an off the shelf solution is best.
- Maintaining and sharing knowledge of cutting edge industry trends and technology in content tools, process, pipelines, and related hardware / software.
- Analysing and adjusting the framework for art asset creation that balances performance, efficiency and artistry, to achieve optimal run time visual quality and game performance.
- Analysing art asset performance efficiency and in game usage to ensure excellent game performance by collaborating with engineers, artists and designers.
- Managing and Mentoring the technical art team.
- Task management for the art team and autonomously finding solutions.
As a successful candidate, you would have:
- An Artist-first mindset with solid engineering skills. Whilst you’re very technically inclined, you have developed an artistic eye.
- Expert knowledge of content creation software, especially Maya, Blender, Houdini, Zbrush, Substance, and Photoshop.
- Expertise programming in languages such as Python & C#
- Experience developing for mobile and an excellent understanding of the performance characteristics of mobile hardware, Unity, scalability, performance profiling techniques and optimization (CPU / GPU / Shaders / Models).
- Advanced knowledge of building, implementing and improving art tools in Unity.
- A superb understanding of the technical aspects of game art creation.
- The chops to lead the creation of high-quality game art efficiently.
- Proven expertise of working with art teams and leads to deliver the game to the artistic vision.
- Excellent multitasking, organisational, communication, and team collaboration skills.
- At least 4 years of hands-on experience as a Technical Artist and have shipped multiple titles on mobile or handheld.
As a bonus, you would have:
- Proven experience in content creation risk management.
- ‘AAA’ knowledge in one field of technical art.
- Technical animation experience.
If you want to be part of a team that's committed to transparency and openness, then Bear Force One is the place for you!
We are always on the lookout for interesting people - even if your profile doesn’t meet the requirements fully, we'd love to hear from you!
Whether you’re new to the industry or have several years of experience, here are some pointers on things we look for at Bear Force One: http://bit.ly/MBG-HowToLandYourDreamGamesJob and when you’re ready, just click to apply!