C# Backend Developer - RPG Gaming (Remote, EU Based)
Spectarium is a remote-first, ambitious company pioneering in the creation of top-tier cross-platform action RPG games. We design at the frontier of gaming, continuously innovating to enrich the gaming experience for our players.
Our team is made up of passionate individuals from some of the biggest names in the gaming industry. From Riot to EA, Epic to Jagex, and Plarium to our own small beginnings, we've come together to create something truly remarkable.
Our blog is the perfect place to get a glimpse into our world. From behind-the-scenes looks at our development process to updates on upcoming releases, you'll find it all there.
We are now looking for an experienced Backend Developer to join our team. In this role, you will implement backend systems for launching and operating live games, write clean and sustainable code, contribute to architectural discussions and code reviews, and monitor and maintain live game services. You will work alongside our existing backend developer, collaborating to optimize and extend our systems.
- Implement backend systems for launching and operating live games
- Write clean, maintainable code and create extendable, scalable architecture
- Participate in architecture discussions, design reviews, code reviews, and task/project estimation
- Monitor and maintain live game services
- At least 3 years of experience in developing (game) backend services
- C# programming skills
- Experience developing real-time multiplayer games
- Excellent understanding of software architecture, design, and development
- Experience in network protocols, concurrency, distributed systems, web security & optimization
- Familiarity with AWS
- Good knowledge of Git
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Professional English proficiency
- Experience with Unity
- Knowledge in NoSQL, Relational (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.), and in-memory databases
- Familiarity with automated testing tools
- Experience with Metaplay
- Experience with the Akka Actor System
- Experience in JS/TypeScript, Vuejs/Vite